If you’re reading this, chances are you’re also a big fan of all things Disney. And you might be wondering for some time now if it makes sense to splurge a little by staying at one of the Anaheim, CA Disneyland resorts or opting for a more affordable option.
Well we’re here to let you in on a few reasons as to why you should totally splurge. Keeping in mind we’ve actually stayed at an affordable good neighbor hotel too!
Top 5 Reasons to stay at the Disneyland Hotel Resort
- The Convenience Factor – This ones a given but nothing beats being able to leave the parks and walk straight back to your room to just hit the sack. It’s also super neat to be able to take a quick nap or freshen up. Or better yet, to simply cool off poolside and then go back to the parks.
- Extra Magic Hours & Early access to FastPass+ – Did you know the park is literally opened earlier just for hotel guests? Additional hours at the parks each day provide more time for fun with your family and friends. Check with a cast member to see which park is open as they alternate on certain days of the week. Learn more about Extra Magic Hours Here. Plus, secure up to 3 FastPass+ experiences at one park per day per guest of your visit in advance—at no additional charge. Once they’re redeemed, simply visit a FastPass+ kiosk in the park to reserve more—subject to availability. Again, saving the family more time.
- Fireworks Show Viewing – If you have little ones that probably won’t stay up past 9p then what I’m about to tell you is key! When you book your stay at the Disneyland Hotel, request to stay in the Adventure Tower overlooking Downtown Disney. The best part of staying in this tower is that you can come back to your room before 9p, get the kids bathed/showered and sit back in the comfort of your own hotel room to watch the spectacular Disneyland firework show. Hands down the best experience ever. See it all in our IG stories here. Also, be sure to check here to see all shows scheduled per season.
- Monorail Waterslides & Cabanas – Our oldest, Mia, is a summer baby and she absolutely loves being in the water. I can honestly say we think Mia wants to stay at the Disneyland hotel for her birthday more so because of the retro themed pools and monorail waterslides. Which by the way, the waterslides are for all kid ages and there’s even an area for the little ones to splash around. And the cabanas are so worth renting too! They come with
- Complimentary fruit platter
- 2 chaise lounge chairs
- Love seat
- Coffee table
- 32-inch LCD television with cable access (Disney Junior and even Disney Music!)
- Ceiling fan
- Towel service
- Telephone for internal Resort calls (place room service orders and get it delivered straight to your cabana)
- Mini refrigerator with complimentary water bottles
- A cabana server
- Free pool diapers for the little ones (score! This is actually offered to all hotel guests. Not just cabana rentals.) Check out our Celebrate A Birthday at Disneyland Post and get the full scoop on all the reasons to celebrate your kids birthday at the hotel. Trust us, this is a good one to read!
Pineapple Dole Whips – Yes, you read that correctly. If you’re a fan like us, guess what? You can grab one at The Coffee House inside the hotel. But wait, it gets better. There’s hardly ever a line nor a wait at all and you can order it with rum too!
So there ya go, our top 5 reasons to stay at the Disneyland Hotel in a nutshell. Let us know if you’ve stayed at this hotel and what you’re favorite reasons are in the comments section. Plus if you have any questions for us. 😉