I was never a big fan of oversized mommy diaper bags. Mind you my sister gifted me with a lovely designer diaper bag but for some reason I could not get over the fact I’d have to carry the entire house with me every time I had to go somewhere. Now that my little one is a toddler, I still carry more than I should but definitely way less compared to the infant months. Hence, I can now use my pre-baby purses. Woo-hoo! Doing the happy dance.
Here are my top 7 absolute must-haves in my mommy purse. Aside from the oh so obvious cell phone that is. What are yours?
- Perfume Pen: I love these small, easy to travel with pens! I just throw one in my purse and use it while I’m running errands with my little one. It makes me feel instantly refreshed. Currently have the Marc Jacobs Dot Roll On Pen ($22) in my purse but it’s also available as a spray pen.
- Aquaphor Healing Ointment: These on-the-go miniature sized Aquaphor tubes are amazing! Lightweight and take up almost no space in my purse. It’s also fragrance-free and preservative- free. I use this stuff on Mia’s skin, my hands and my lips.
- Hand Sanitizer: As a mom, I’m sure most of you can all relate to this one. Yes – some germs are good to build a healthy immune system but this germaphobe can’t live without my sanitizer. Currently in my purse: Mommy’s Club Perfect Touch Sanitzer.
- Diapers & Wipes: Although my little one is 90% potty trained, It’s always good to carry an extra diaper to prevent accidents in public places. Wipes on the other hand are just always great to have on hand.
- Lipstick: One of my all-time favorite lipsticks is Maybelline’s Coral Crush. It’s definitely a classic staple in my makeup bag. If i’m in the mood for something coral but less subtle I simply use Maybelline’s Baby Lips® Dr. Rescue TM Coral Crave (love the eucalyptus smell) and dab a little Coral Crush lipstick over it.
- Toddler Cup: We are loving the Wow Kids Cup©. Perfect for traveling as it comes with a lid cove and is spill-free.
- Snacks: I always carry some sort of snack. I tend to navigate towards cashews, protein bars and freeze dried fruits which keep my sugar levels in-line throughout the day.
So there you have it mamas. These are my top 7. What are some of your mommy purse must-haves?