Fall is just around the corner and I can’t wait to start using our oven on a daily basis. These Naan flat bread pizzas are seriously one of our favorite things to make more so when it starts to get chilly outside.
As you can see, Mia gets super excited when she gets to make her own pizza at home and I just love watching her get her ‘cook on’. This doesn’t mean I make the pizza dough from scratch, though. I know, lame right? But let’s face it, when you just want something quick to make and get the kiddos involved in the kitchen, the best way to do so is by using a recipe that requires few raw ingredients and most of all less time to make.
We enjoy making these individual size pizzas using Garlic Naan flat bread (traditional Indian flat bread). Let me also point out that many Naan flat bread brands include eggs in their ingredients which is heartbreaking as Mia is severely allergic to eggs. However, good ‘ole Trader Joe’s carries one that is delicious, egg-free and also nut-free. Plus it’s only $1.99 for 4 pieces!
- Fresh chopped veggies (preferably those that everyone in your family enjoys to eat)
- Grilled organic chicken (leftover chicken is always the best!)
- Fresh sliced mozzarella cheese
- Fresh chopped basil
- Coconut oil spray
- Garlic Naan Bread
- Mezzetta Homemade Napa Valley Marinara Sauce (so yummy!)
- Set oven to 400 degrees
- Spray baking sheet with coconut oil
- Cut Naan flat bread into quarters for the kiddos or keep them whole for the grown ups
- Add Mezzetta Homemade Napa Valley Marinara Sauce to each piece of Naan flat bread
- Add toppings of choice and shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place onto baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes and you've got dinner served!
Here are some of our favorite toppings.
These truly are the best homemade Naan pizzas as the Naan garlic bread and Mezzetta homemade marinara sauce (100% hand-selected plum tomatoes, the freshest ingredients from local Napa Valley farmers, no added sugar or paste) gives them tons of flavor plus they’re custom-made so everyone can enjoy them with their favorite toppings.
Cheers to cooking fun meals with the kiddos!