Hacks to Make A Delicious Family Meal, Faster
This post is sponsored by Whirlpool. These appliances were generously donated in exchange for coverage but all opinions and copy are our own.
As we continue to look for new activities to pass the time, I’ve taken the opportunity to teach my
kids new chores around the house. One of their favorite things to do is help with cooking meals!
We’re always trying new ideas and hacks to get a delicious meal on the table without a ton of
prep time, and right now my go-to is making meals from convenient foods found in our freezer.
The downside to using an oven to cook frozen meals is that they take longer to cook. But guess
what? Today we’re sharing 5 hacks to make a delicious family meal faster in the oven. We hope
that these hacks will also help you and your family cut down on the oven cooking/baking time to make life a little easier.
How To Speed Up The Cooking Process Using the Whirlpool® Smart Slide-in Range and Whirlpool app.
- Scan-to-Cook Technology allows you to scan barcodes on select frozen foods, which will then send recommended cooking instructions straight to your Whirlpool smart oven
to cut out extra steps when getting dinner on the table. 2 What we love about using this technology is that it completely bypasses us having to figure out the temperature and how much time is needed to cook a frozen meal correctly. It helps even more so with
new frozen items purchased.
- Remotely control your oven with the Whirlpool® app with remote start and the
keep warm setting, which allows us to throw a meal into the oven and run outside to play with the kids. The best part? We can control the appliance remotely from our
smartphones. 3 This means I can start or stop cooking our dinner from essentially
anywhere. Giving our family more time to hang out together in the house or even
- Touchscreen: Whirlpool brand products with touchscreen capabilities learn, adapt
and suggest customized presets based on your family’s routines so you can get
instant access to the settings you use most.
- By far, my favorite feature to use is the Frozen Bake™ Technology. I love how we can skip preheating with Frozen Bake™ technology. Cook frozen food with pre-programmed settings that automatically adjust cooking times so you can get select dinner items like frozen fish and vegetables from the oven to the table in much less time. 2
Here’s our favorite Baked Salmon With Meyer Lemons And Avocado Salad Recipe! We used
the Frozen Bake™ Technology to bake it and everything was cooked just right and so delicious!
● 4 frozen skin-on wild-caught salmon fillets
● 1 lb frozen asparagus
● 1 c diced avocado
● ½ c sliced cherry tomatoes
● ½ c freshly squeezed Meyers lemon juice (from my grandparents’ tree)
● fresh dill and parsley
● ½ c pickled shallots
● coconut oil
● Garlic salt w/ parsley
- Add parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- Place frozen salmon (skin side down) and asparagus flat onto the baking sheet and
spray coconut oil (or olive oil) to coat both sides of fish and asparagus.
- Drizzle Meyers lemon juice over the salmon.
- Sprinkle garlic salt with parsley onto both sides of salmon until both sides are slightly covered. Also, sprinkle some garlic salt onto the asparagus.
- Place into Whirlpool® Smart Slide-in Range and use the Frozen Bake™ Technology to bake this meal under Frozen Meals bypassing the preheat oven portion.
- Dice and slice avocado and cherry tomatoes. In a bowl mix together and add a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of Meyer Lemon. Set aside.
- For pickled shallots, you can make the night before to avoid having to do this during dinner. Simply slice shallots and place them into a saucepan. Add 1 tbsp for every ½ cup of sliced shallots with a pinch of salt and sugar.
- Check Whirlpool app to get updates and remove fish and asparagus from the oven once fully cooked.
- Add avocado salad to a dinner plate, top with salmon fillet, asparagus, and garnished with shallots, fresh dill, parsley and salt.
1 Appliance must be set to remote enable. WiFi & App Required. Features subject to change. Details and privacy info at whirlpool.com/connect.
2 Not all frozen foods included; WiFi & App required. Features subject to change. For details and privacy statement, visit whirlpool.com/connect.
3 WiFi and App required. Features subject to change. For details and privacy statement, visit whirlpool.com/connect.