In collaboration with Buick USA. All opinions expressed within are entirely TMO’s.
Road Trip: California’s Pacific Coast with Buick Enclave
Last week, we were invited to go on a scenic drive from San Francisco, California to Monterey and Carmel Valley, California. The coolest part about this road trip was that we got to take this scenic drive in the all-new 2018 BUICK ENCLAVE. And even better, our 8-year wedding anniversary just so happened to land within those travel dates. So when we initially read the invitation about this amazing opportunity for us to have a kid-free getaway and drive down the beautiful CA pacific coast, we quickly said yes! We then tried to see if we could get overnight sitters for the kids (mind you our oldest is already back in school) plus step away from our work. Luckily, it all worked out and we had such an amazing time getting to know more about the smart and stylish 2018 Buick Enclave as well as the awesome team behind it, and the gorgeous California cities we visited along the way.
There are so many reasons why we fell in love with this Sport-Utility Vehicle but we’ll spare you the long list for now and share our Top 10 Family Features that absolutely sealed the deal for us.
- New air ionizer – This feature eliminates odors and provides higher air quality. Perfect for everyone that suffers from allergies and asthma. It’s definitely a big deal for us more so as our kiddos frequently get allergies.
- QuietTuning – This is a new active noise cancellation feature that helps to further reduce, block and absorb noise inside the vehicle.
- Extra Storage Space – Ten-percent increase in overall interior space, including a hidden underfloor storage. The extra storage space is perfect for a travel size stroller or even groceries. And there’s even a designated space in between drivers seat and front passenger seat for a diaper bag or a purse ladies! My favorite interior space feature for sure.
- Stop/Start Technology – Loving the 3.6L V-6 with stop/start technology and nine-speed automatic transmission. This technology is genius. We definitely noticed we saved on gas throughout our entire road trip.
- Standard hands-free power-programmable liftgate with a Buick tri-shield logo that illuminates the ground below the hidden sensor. Perfect for us parents that are always on-the-go and holding numerous things all at once. Especially when it’s dark out.
- Second-row SmartSlide seat provides easy access to the third row. Located on the passenger side, the SmartSlide seat provides pitch slide functionality to allow access even with an empty forward-facing child seat installed (using the LATCH system)
- Power-folding Third-Row Seat. Rey and I couldn’t stop pushing the power folding buttons. Such a cinch to lower the third row seat within seconds. We kept thinking how amazing it would be to just have to push a button all while loading up the vehicle with our stroller and tons of family luggage.
- OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot – This feature is my fav! Having the ability to work out of the new Buick Enclave with WIFI pretty much anywhere would save me so much time. AT&T data plan purchase required after limited data trial period and five years of the OnStar Basic Plan at no additional cost.
- Frameless eight-inch-diagonal Buick infotainment system is standard on all models; includes six USB ports (two for infotainment, four for charging) and features Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability for compatible phones. Now we can all charge our devices and even pay for gas inside our vehicle.
- Rear Camera Mirror allows rearview mirror to function as a traditional mirror or a camera, eliminating obstructions such as heads and headrests while expanding the rear field of vision by 300 percent. You’ve got to see this in person to really appreciate it. Such an awesome feature to be able to see camera view on the actual rearview mirror.
Also important to note that the Enclave seats seven. And as mentioned previously, the second row captain’s chairs are spacious and make getting into the third row seats a cinch. Side note, in case you’re wondering, it did not feel like we were driving a large SUV despite all the seats and room. It handles exceptionally well and the assistive driving features made parking and driving down the coast such a breeze.
Additional Safety Features
- Available Surround Vision provides overhead, 360-degree view around the vehicle while maneuvering at low speeds. Air bags include frontal and side-impact for driver and front passenger, driver inboard seat-mounted side-impact and head-curtain side-impact for all rows in outboard seating positions
- Standard safety equipment on all 2018 Enclaves includes a rear vision camera, rear park assist and seven air bags, including a front center side airbag
- Driver Confidence Package is available on Essence and includes Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Driver Confidence II Package is available on Premium and Avenir. Content includes Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Safety Alert Seat, Front and Rear Park Assist, Forward Collision Alert, Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking, Following Distance Indicator and IntelliBeam headlamps
Lastly, we definitely can see why the 2018 Buick Enclave is a Ward’s 10 Best User Experience award-winner. This SUV has an elegant design. It’s spacious and has smart features which enhance the driver and passenger experience. Find out more about the all-new Buick Enclave and Buick’s vehicle line up at Buick.com.
And curious to know what are some features you look for when purchasing a new vehicle?